Thursday, July 19, 2007

Allergic to North Dakota!!!

A lot has changed since we last talked. Sorry it has been so long since I got to give you an update. So here is the long and short of it in a nut shell. To say that the last few weeks have been a trial only begins to describe everything that has happened over the last few weeks. I all started two Friday's ago when I began to feel sick.

It turns out that I am allergic to North Dakota. HAHAHA! No actually I am truly being serious. In late June I began by getting sick going to the on base Doc only to find out that I was having some sort of allergic reaction. All weekend long I had a very persistent fever and struggled just to get comfortable. Sunday sometime during the day my eyes started to swell shut and by Monday morning I could barely see out of both of my eyes. I had a doctors appointment first thing that Morning and the first thing she said was that I was having some sort of allergic reaction. She treated my with some steroid medication and put me on Singulair. I was finally able to go back to work on Wednesday and by Friday it seemed like the whole thing had pasted. Friday night Dawn invited me to go see the Tops in Blue at the Chester Frits here is town. It was fun to finally get out of the house and be around friends.

When I woke up Saturday I was not feeling well again. The guy mowing our lawn showed up and so I needed to go and pick up the dog poo in the backyard. With in about twenty minutes of being outside I started having a allergic reaction again only this time way worse. It only took a few minutes for me to turn all red, my eyes to start swelling and then my throat started to swell as well. This was a new symptom because I had never had that happen before. I called my mom, and she immediately said to call the on call Doc. When I got them on the phone they sent an ambulance right away and within a half hour I was in the emergency room. My reaction was difficult for them to keep under control so they admitted me for and overnight stay. The Red Cross was contacted and then they and his supervisors made the decision to send him home to be with me.

All in all he got to be home for two weeks in turn that was just enough time to move me to Florida to be with my parents. As soon as I got out of the Plain States I no longer was having reactions. So with in a week of being in the hospital I was moved to Florida, quit my job in ND, and let everything behind rather quickly. It was a bit of a whirl wind, but thankfully I am doing so much better.

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

hooray for no more red swollen faces but I'm missing my BLT lunch dates with you! :)

LeroyLime said...

personally I think you just wanted a tan! ;) we miss you in ND!