Megan and Tom arrived from Indiana to spent their Spring Break here in Florida. We always have so much fun hanging out with them and we all have so much in common. Since I have to work durning the week we planned to hang out over the two weekends they would be here. Our first day we took the boat out to Beer Can Island (you won't find it on the map only the local boaters no about this island). Beer Can Island is only accessible by boat but the island has a great cove area perfect to pull the boat right up to the beach and hang out for the day. We had to get an early start since it was going to rain later in the day. For those of you who are not familiar with Florida weather the standing rule is have your umbrella ready for 3pm everyday because 90% of the time it rains or storms right about 3 in the afternoon.
When got out to the island we had the pleasant surprise of having the entire island to ourselves. Chloe loved it because we were able to let her off the leash to run and play. I think she ran around the island chasing just about anything and everything she could. She even thought a sand dollar was going to viciously attach her and she got so worked up barking at it and trying to figure out what is was. Grandma was so much help egging her on to get it. It is really quite a scene when she gets worked up like that.
Sure enough we looked out over the water around 2pm and we could see the clouds rolling in. No sooner did we get the boat packed and pulled away from shore did it begin to rain. It was not a really hard rain thankfully because when you are riding in the boat and it is raining on you it can feel like a thousand needles pricking you. Not fun!
We made it home cleaned up and then headed back to St. Pete Beach to have dinner at this restaurant called The Hurricane. I have to say that this place was really good. If you are ever looking for a local place to eat on the beach this is the place to go. Mom and I split Grouper Oscar and I am not a really big fish eater but this was really delicious. Maybe I should become a PR person for them because I have been telling everyone about this place. In fact for Emily's bachlorette party coming up soon that is were I have recommended we go.
Well, that is the end of the first day. More to come...
1 comment:
sounds like fun!!! A private island, a lovers paradise! :)
Post a Comment