Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Orlando here we Come!!!

Today my Mom and I went to Orlando to the Winter Park area. This is the area for Kevin's school and were we are looking to move. We went to this historic shopping district in Downtown Winter Park. The shopping was amazing and the scenery breathtaking. The building are old restored buildings that have been converted into stores, restaurants and little boutiques. My favorite store has to be Ten Thousand Villages.



At Ten Thousand Villages, they work with over 100 artisan groups in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to bring you fair trade jewelry, home decor, gifts and more. As one of the world's oldest and largest fair trade organizations, they build long-term relationships with artisans that are based on mutual understanding and respect.
Fair trade enables artisans to earn a fair wage and provides the opportunity for a better quality of life.
All of the workers in the stores here is the states are volunteers to help ensure that more money goes to the artists.
I was so moved by the mission of the store I felt incredibly good about making a few purchases there. I hope you all get a chance to check out there website.
www.tenthousandvillages.com

No comments: