Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dog gone Thives...

We have quickly become friends with a young couple name Allison and Jared with their puppy Lady. Allison works at the gym I am a member at and is my person trainer. I have really been trying to workout and get into shape. Some days are better than others but I have been sticking to it most of the summer. Jared is currently in the police academy with graduation next week.
Yesterday I received a panicked call from Allison, someone has broken into their house and Lady was missing. I rushed over to there house to be of support. The police where there investigating and writing up there report. Thankfully Lady(she is a cockapoo and so cute) had been found, but she was pretty scared and upset. Lady apparently had been running around the community but more than anything it seemed like she was really scared. 

The burglars had kicked in the front door, and ransacked there bedroom. We think that they found Jared's uniforms and got spooked because nothing had been taken. 

This whole experience really got me thinking because we have not been on top of what we should regarding security at our own house.  Kevin' and I both agreed that we have to get the systems setup. 

We are thankful that God protected Allison and Jared's house from further damage and loss, and more than any thing that no one and no puppy was hurt. We took Lady to the Vet for a quick check up with the Docs advise being lots of love and attention. 

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

Glad to hear no one was hurt and Lady was found...